Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting company. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. In this way, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you'd like to own a site, mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely false interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between separate groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various webspace hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some firms offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an immense number of images with mates or colleagues since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your e-mail accounts. Some distributors provide hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you desire to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to use as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to have a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for specific content only.